Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Walk to Remember


Spending my 8th weekend in Liverpool with pleasant 'starters'. After making myself breakfast with latte, I sat down inside my room and played a movie recommeded by Jo Lin - A Walk to Remember. It was an old movie back in 2002, starred by Shane West and Mandy Moore based on a 1999 romance novel with the same name.

After all, it is really an amazing love story with more than just love. Tears rolling down for the love and hardship Jamie (Mandy) and Landon (Shane) had endure. I keen on how Jamie sees the world. She trusted the destiny God makes for her, she didn't care others' critiques of her nerdness, she forgives with a kind heart, she never blame though she's sick, she thinks God had a bigger plan than she'd for herself, she never asked for love which she think she couldn't afford. She finally met with Landon who is the last miracle of her life, leaving him and her father after a summer marrying him. For Landon, the walk together with Jamie is to be remembered forever. Though she's not by his side, he remembered Jamies told him about the love which needs no words, 'love is like the wind, I can't see it, but I can feel it'... and finally he's motivated by her strength and go for the medical college that is hardly believable by even his own mother. All because of the strength she'd given to him.

A poem which touched many fans of this movie, including me myself  =p... that's when Jamie and Landon read it while they are in the hospital and during wedding in church:

Love is always patient and kind,
It's never jealous.
Love is never boastful or conceited,
It's never rude or selfish.
It does not take defence,
It is not resentful.

Love takes no pleasure in other people sins,
but delights the truth it is ready to excuse, to trust, to hope and
to endure whatever comes

(I particularly like this last part of the poem... ^0^)
Thinking this make me wanna include a music console of Yiruma's collection. Though couldn't find River Flows In You or Kiss the Rain in this console, I will try harder to look for it! Energy boosted now, after having my mind to turn and clean up with some tears... today will be A Day to Remember indeed!!! gonna continue with assignment now since energy full!!! ^^b

3 comments:

  1. by Nicholas sparks aye? hehehehehe... he is an english version of 藤井树~

    next time u come sabah, i can show u the collection of all the nice novels by him [^^]/

    if u like this one, u can read these too:
    1. The Notebook
    2. The Last Song

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, nice edit wiv ur RARE wallpaper for the title

    Cool B-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea, by nicholas sparks... nice story with nice actors as well... apparently he's been so famous. thx for the recommendation yea, try out if gt chance...

    yea, i spent half day editing my blog yesterday. the movie title did give me inspiration and very meaningful to me, so jus add up all my favo photos n refurbish a bit... hehe thx for liking!!! =)

    ReplyDelete