Thursday, August 5, 2010

Food. Satisfation. Mummy

Tonite was a great great night. I love the feeling of getting involved 'working' with a group of food lovers to work out tonight's dinner with pasar malam theme. I know they love food just like my family do, no matter how much it costs, how far it goes, they just insisted on buying all the necessary materials needed to come out with delicious food... end up all the taste of 'Malaysia' I miss so much during these 2 months have just been cured with plenty of food... pan mee, sambal udang kering, popia, grilled chicken wings and the lovely ABC soup.

The food are superb. The people are even awesome. Jasmine, Sieu Kit, Fung Yee, Chin Sui, King Fung, Samantha, Yi Ting, Edmund.... all of them are so committed on preparing the dinner and put in their heart, somemore they are really well-experienced in cooking which I have very much to learn from them.


Soup and pork mince for pan mee

The flour and egg dough before it's cooked and becomes pan mee


Spring roll with minced pork, carrot, mushroom, fungus and dried shrimp

Grilled chicken wings

ABC soup

Sambal udang kering

Food ready to serve!!!!


Food do give me satisfaction and cure misses for home food. But someone keep appearing on my mind tonight is my mummy, starting from the flaming heat feels on my fingers when cutting chilies for sambal. I never wonder the heat of chilies can be so immense when you dip your fingers among the chilies for about 20 minutes. It's totally a different pain from the usual  pain I feel when cutting one or two for serving food, coz the heat of chilies fade off in minutes. Not like now, hours, and still it's pain like hell, like dipping fingers into a hot pot of oil!!!

My mum should have feel this pain hundred times, since she will prepare the home blend sambal very often to keep her daughter, me, a happy appetite and will eat more so that I'm not hungry. Especially her sambal eggs, a typical dish I fancy most that will appear on the dining table everytime I go back from KL. I remembered she complained about the chilies heat which make her fingers like burning once, but I do not take it seriously as I thought it was just a small case and will be ok in minutes. Apparently she stopped mumbling not becuase she doesn't feel it anymore, just that she endured it with her motherly nature... hmm.. only being remorseful when I finally feel the same pain... really not a good daughter...

Mummy, I miss you...♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment