Thursday, June 24, 2010

Blessing or Curse

Projecting our thoughts far ahead of us, instead of adapting ourselves to the present, is cause of fear. Foresight, the greatest blessing humanity has been given, is also a curse.
[Seneca]
 
Great words. It hits my feelings right now. It is called fear. When assignments issued, I always been too anxious about the process of completing it by due date. Not to say lack of confidence in doing it, but I'm not a steady person who can really sit down and lay back during my leisure hours, even though preparations are done enough for the day. Recalled a memory during my secondary school days, dad suddenly told me not to think too much and be relax when at the dining table... hah... then only I realised I'd not been paying attention for the whole dinner because of school works and curriculum activities.
 
Life is short. The brevity of life make it a point for us to cherish everyday. I've been living in tense putting by myself for the past twenty years, and I think it's now time to release it. Not to be completed lay back, as that is the extreme which I think myself couldn't cope with it, but I'm sure there are always an optimum point where it balances. Foresight - blessing or curse, I'll find it out.
 
Believe each day that has dawned is your last, and some hour for which you haven’t been expecting will prove lovely.
[Horace]

I love this phrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment