Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Chilly

He was trembling...
Laying naked in a box outside the telephone booth, there he was, shaking for some warmth he needed desperately. People passing by the street could easily spotted him, patches of black in white, with a tag on his neck. Sometimes he squeezed his head in between the forelegs for keeping the heat that would last for only seconds, which then gone in the rainy and extremely cold day. I am wearing thick clothe and jacket, yet feeling I'd been mistakenly placed inside the freezer. How does he feel right now? Couldn't imagine.

Passing by without him getting out of my mind, I waited my friends buying fruits at stalls, eyes on him. He was still trembling in cold. If not mistaken, the man inside the telephone booth is his owner. I'm thankful at that moment... Just that moment. When I turned around again, the man came out and asked passer by for something, I couldn't hear him. But as he asked one by one passing by him, people ignored his requests. He asked the newspaper vendor for a plastic sheet as shelter, yet being rejected. I sensed something amissed and his eyes on me now. I was afraid to keep staring at him, turned around pretending I was busy with other scenery. If he is asking passer by for money, I am pretty sure now that he is not someone who could afford to give food and warmth to that dog. Messy thought. I am not someone good and brave enough to give a hand to that dog at that moment. I could just think that he is pity, but no action from me... how bad I'm.

Chilly, hope my guess is wrong, you may be the lovely dog of other, with a warm home after I turn my way home.
btw, Chilly would be the dog's name if I afford to take it home today... too bad~

2 comments:

  1. well, u're in other countries now gal. Protecting urself wouldn't be tat wrong ;]

    No, u shud name it Warmy or Jacket so it always hav a warm owner ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. the dog was gone the next day... probably really his owner brought him home d.. =D yea, call him oven or toaster oso can!

    ReplyDelete