Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mistakes again, after 2 years

Resuming study life after five months leaving college, today atmosphere was extremely familiar with an incident happened two years back in diploma.

Stubborn, careless, mismanagement of time... all coming back to me.

I'm always the one who compile assignment, gather all pieces, standardise, and print. Today was no exception. I'd stayed up for nights for completing a presentation assignment due in 1 week time, net.. why net? Because I let a week wasteful, and only start my gear on the second week. Though everyone was doing the same thing as I was, others could get things done in time, and that's why I should look into it as my own problem as being a snail, more precisely, a stubborn snail... who wants to make every crawl a beautiful mark to leave behind, yet being so steady and infearful of couldn't reach the final goal.

End up, I clumsily printed on unbinded A4, wasting papers and being unsustainable, which is the most contradict action with the value embedded on my environmental management assignment...

End up, I just managed to print them fresh at 9am when the presentation starts at 9.30am...

End up, I did not managed to give myself a full rehearsal, which probably causing the presentation time exceeding time limits...

End up, in the most panic scene forever, I save only Word file, WITHOUT presentation power point when opened my thumb drive... that was the most most n most embarrass moment ever... embarrass to my team members who had done all their efforts well but having to bear this sickening moment with me on the stage, embarrass to my lecturer who had just brief us yesterday with his extra time on what consists a good presentation - PREPARATION, which I definitely had failed him...

Though there are issues and problems, the day went off calmly without much unwanted impacts. Grade was ok, everyone is satisfied... but all this so-called "lucky" things happen because the God gracious act on not narrowing the situation to a deadly knot, by giving me no pain when running with high heels from my campus back to accommodation to save file and came back on time, and leave me being forgived. He had done it twice, both the situation He let me met with kind lecturers, peers and  team mate who forgive and accept my mistakes.

But a promise to myself and to Your kindness, I'll amend, and hopefully all these experiences counted will be remarkable reminders of not doing the same mistakes, again, hopefully the 2nd mistake is the last.

"Face your past without regret. Handle your present with confidence. Prepare for the future without fear. Keep the faith and drop the fear".

Jasmine quotes me this nice phrase, thanks a lot Jas, you make my day full with hope to do better for tomorrow.



2 comments:

  1. All the best in future, u'll get through it as u always did B-]

    Confident & Fearless to ur own weakness!! but dun act like batman la, make himself looks like a bat becoz he scare of bat [=,=]/ Aza fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea... confident, fearfless, i need them all the time! thx a lot haozheng! =)

    ReplyDelete